Peter Newell will be providing the keynote speech at this event looking how we can ensure that innovation in decarbonised transport is ready for all kinds of places – city and rural – and for different lifestyles, age groups and varying demographies.
Speakers will explore the sticks and carrots available to us, now and in the future.
Key issues include:
- Understanding the true cost of transport: we spend huge sums on transport and travel, so how can these monies be targeted at net zero and healthy, safe and active travel?
- Exploring the private car and its role in all our futures
- Insights into how people wish to, and are able to, practice transport decarbonisation
- Whether there is a case to introduce some form of national road pricing scheme – and if so, what kind of scheme or schemes?
- The technology possibilities and challenges of introducing such scheme
- The sorts of policy objectives that will get public support
Chair: Katie Hall, Transport Planning Sector Director, SYSTRA
- Peter Newell, Rapid Transition Alliance,
- Steve Melia, Senior Lecturer, Transport and Planning, Centre for Transport and Society, University of the West of England
- Trevor Ellis, Trevor Ellis Consultancy, ITS UK and Founder, ITS UK Enforcement Interest Group
- Deborah Fox, Head of Demand Management, West Midlands Combined Authority
- Mike Scott, Director of Transport Planning Policy and Strategy, SYSTRA
➡ Find out more